The Career Center uses a new dynamic recruitment platform known as Handshake, a contemporary recruitment and career planning software that will enhance your brand and connect you directly with talented Boise State students and recent alumni.
To learn more about using Handshake, please visit the Handshake Resource Center for useful articles on Getting Started, Managing User Settings, Understanding Privacy Settings, Posting a Job, and much more!
What Can You Do With Handshake?
- Post a part-time or full time job or internship
- Post a work-study job
- Schedule interviews with students who wish to join your company/organization
- Register for career fairs and request information sessions
- Help Boise State students to put their scholarship, leadership, and citizenship skills to work
Instructions for Registering on Handshake
Go to the Handshake employer registration page.
- Verify: Handshake will send you a verification email to the email you provided. Verify your account by clicking “Confirm Email” upon receiving it.
- Connect with your company: After confirming your email, if your company already exists, Handshake should prompt you to connect with your organization. You can also use a search bar to find your company, or click the “Create New Company” button.
- Connect with Boise State: Use the search bar to find “Boise State University” and click the “+” to connect with us!
- Confirmation: Your connection will be reviewed by Boise State Career Center staff. Once reviewed, you will receive a confirmation email notifying you that you are now connected with Boise State.
Instructions for Posting a Job on Handshake
Now that you are connected with Boise State on Handshake, you can post your job!
- Post a Job: Log in to Handshake and click “Post a Job” on your home dashboard. You will be asked to provide information in regards to the Job Basics, Job Details, and Job Preferences.
- School Selection: On the left side of the screen, you will be able to add schools. Click the “+” next to “Boise State University” to add Boise State!
- Create: Choose “Create” on the bottom navigation to create and review your job.
- Confirmation: Your job posting will be reviewed by Boise State Career Center staff. Once reviewed, you will receive a confirmation email notifying you that the position will be posted and available to Boise State students and alumni.
For more detailed instructions, including screenshots and a video, see How to Post a Job in the Handshake Help Center.
Additional Company-Related Information
- How do I create a user account and join a company already in Handshake?
- How do I create a new company in Handshake?
- How do I leave a company and join another one? (if you picked the wrong company)
Need assistance? We at Boise State University’s Career Center want to help make this process as smooth and easy for you as possible. If you have any questions or need assistance using BroncoJobs, please contact us at 426-1747 or email@example.com.